Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Supercuts


Chunkin has always been blessed with a full head of hair. The day he was born, he had this hair...

So here's the thing - with his lack of 100% head control, and his healthy follicles, he needs to get his hair cut, but he can't go to a Kids Cutz or whatever. I have to do it myself. I won't let Lee do it because he cuts the bangs so short Connor ends up with a painful Prince Valiant-ish looking thing. So it's up to me, and I don't mind, but yesterday I was giving him a trim and nicked his ear. LOTS of crying. LOTS of screaming in between wails of what we now call "immunization cries". Even a teeny bit of blood. And, of course, LOTS of guilt on my part. 24 hours later, you can't even tell that anything happened at all. The haircut is also finished, and it's one of the better jobs I've done. I'll post a photo of the new 'do as soon as we've taken a photo of him in it.

3 comments:

meeegan said...

You are a brave mama, to take on the task of haircutting! Do you use clippers, scissors, or both?

chunkinsblog said...

scissors - we tried the clippers but his hair is too fine! maybe one day his hair will be thicker and coarser. until then, it's me and my steady hand...

Erin said...

So who was wailing, Connor or Mom? Maybe both of you, hmmm? I concur with M. about your bravery, forsooth -- I can't even trim my own hair, much less a wiggly little monkey's!