Monday, November 14, 2005

Assistive Devices for Connor

So last week, in the midst of my recuperation, a nice man came to the house to measure Connor for a stander. The one we have is old, and only a loaner. They (the PIE Program, Early Intervention for Arlington County) are pruchasing one for Connor, so we'll have shiny new one that looks less Luddite. It's called the Giraffe, and is a prduct of Sammons Preston (www.sammonspreston.com). WE aslo took Connor to the therapy center where both his speech and physical therapists work to try out some swings. My parents are going to buy one swing for Connor and build the other. My parents take better care of Connor than I do most of the time. Of course, I'm still not even allowed to pick him up and am at my mother's mercy when it comes to holding him!

4 comments:

Erin said...

I assume that giant sucking sound I hear in my part of Arlington is the sound of your husband saying "Whatever you say, Kate" to his mama-in-law, instead of plucking Connor from her lap and depositing him into yours? Hee, hee, hee .... And, though it's too obvious to require a post, I'll be obvious for once -- you (and Lee) take the best care of Connor that he could ever have; his grandparents and other relatives are just lucky that you two let us help you do your awesome job(s) from time to time :)

meeegan said...

Hear, hear! Erin has always been so smart, one just has to echo what she said here.

Off to look at the stander site!

SAJ said...

The giraffe? Seriously? Wow -- I feel somehow connected.

And recuperate well, young Colleen....

chunkinsblog said...

god, i didn't even NOTICE the giraffe connection!! good pull, slightly less young sarah...