Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Why waiting is hard

Chunkin has a problem. Most of you already know this, of course. 2 weeks ago my mother and I took him to Children's Hospital for some tests. We still have not heard the results. These tests are an MRI (Magnetic Resonance Image - I think that's the meaning behind the acronym) and a Magnetic Spectroscopy. I have gotten uninforming voicemail messages from his neurologist, but nothing final. The last time he had an MRI, I got the results call in 4 days and was driving down 66 on my way home from a shopping expedition. The news was good - his brain was completely normal in form. I called Lee and started to cry, and he may have, too. Then I called my parents and they may have, also. Luckily, I was able to pull off the highway very soon after the call.

And now with each day that passes, I try to gird myself for the worst news from his doctor. I can wait forever for my own results. Why am I having to wait for Connor's?

3 comments:

meeegan said...

Hrrrrm. While I devoutly hope that "no news is good news" is a truism, I would also be happy to go jump up and down on his neurologist's head. Just say the word. ;)

chunkinsblog said...

oh, it's worse. i keep missing his calls by (god forbid) doing my job during business hours. he won't give me a direct line to him, and my cell phone doesn't get the best of service. it's just frustrating.

meeegan said...

I believe it. "Frustrating" is probably a very mild and generous way to put it!

I hope his Customer Service Clue Phone rings soon, loudly, and outside business hours.