Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Reminders

Lee and I have been trying to plan for this weekend.  Most everyone is afraid to even mention it to us, and that makes sense but please don't be afraid.  Life is too short to be afraid.  Speak up and say the wrong thing but acknowledge it.  It's all good as long as you do that.

I said, we have to have enough food for the family visiting at mealtimes.  He said, "Let's just make a giant puree and serve that."

I said, we'll pour a little off for our homey, and Lee broke down.  It was meant as a joke, because we had to puree all of Connor's food, but instead it fell sideways across Lee and upset him.  Even we say the wrong thing to each other.  So I said, Honey, I'm sorry.  I didn't mean to upset you.  

So as a reminder to you all out there - house is open for visits this weekend.  Bring seeds for new life if you want.  Bring a memory of him, or of our friendship, or of something really, really funny.  We all need to laugh, even in our sorrows.

Hope to see you this weekend.




No comments: