Sunday, January 26, 2014

Sometimes, he's really funny

When I was looking through pictures to find that shot I used in my last post, I used Picasa's "people" tab to look only at pictures of Connor.  What surprised me while I scrolled through the photos he is tagged in is how expressive his face looks.  In the larger scheme, it doesn't seem like Connor is very expressive, but in that small format, there is such a range of expression on his little face.  It made me really happy (and emotional) to see.

So about 20 minutes ago, he was chilling in his chair while I turned on my music on random and cleaned up the kitchen.  The first song was from a musical (of course).  The second song started, and with the water on I couldn't at first hear the intro.  Connor let out a really loud noise.  At first I thought I had made some noise that had set off a seizure, but the noise settled down, and I realized that it was just him expressing himself, the tone of his voice turning down as the volume decreased.  Almost like an, "Awwwwwwwww..."

I looked at the TV screen, and the song was "Jessie's Girl" and it was a recording of my with my old band, Gonzo's Nose.

I had to laugh.  I'm pretty sure he was trying to say to me, "Not this song again."  We must have performed that song 500 times when I was in the band, and who knows if it still gets played now at their shows.   I also sang that song a capella when in college with my group, the Virginia Belles.  It's a song that has been around me and in my life for a very, very long time.  It's been 12 years since I left the Nose, and it took me almost all of them to get to want to hear that song again. Now Connor is telling me he doesn't want to hear that song.

Anyway, it's nice to have something pleasant to post :)  Have a great rest of your weekend, friends!!!

No comments: