Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Quick update on the little boy

So I forgot last week to stop back by the flower shop, but I did so yesterday.  I walked in and the young woman came out to the desk, offering to help me.  I said, "I don't need flowers.  I was here about 10 days ago and I think I spoke with you and your son about his tests?" Her face LIT up, and that's what it was all about.

I said, "I needed to know how the results were.  I've been thinking a lot about you guys."

And her face fell.  "No, he's still anemic.  He still has to take iron supplements." I wanted to reach across the work counter and hug her.  She looked so sad.

"Any news on the cancer?"

"No, they are planning a full blood scan soon to figure that out."

I told her how sorry I was that he still had to take iron. If you have taken iron, then you know why.  I took it during one of my pregnancies, probably the first one.

I'm glad I went back. I just wish she'd had something better to tell me.

I also need to figure out how to go back when she's NOT there, and have them give her flowers. From her expression, I feel like she needed an unexpected pick-me-up.

No comments: