Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Almost there - I can practically taste school starting!

It's not that I'm feeling uninspired - mostly it's the my days have been PACKED with life these last few weeks.  This is a good thing, of course.

Last week, I got an email from the PTA at Barrett, the last school Connor attended.  I don't remember getting a single email from them after he passed away.  I mean, I know I got many messages and cards from the Barrett Community, but I don't remember getting any all-PTA member-this-is-what's-coming-up emails.  At first I was annoyed - reminders are hard.  Then it occurred to me that (a) the PTA administration would be horrified if they knew and that (b) a computer cannot know to remove you from a list.  I used the unsubscribe function.  So far, no additional emails.

The last bandage has come off, and my nose looks a little injured but essentially the same.  Tucker said, "Mom, it's a brand new nose!" and smiled at me.  I should be happy that he didn't recoil in horror I suppose.

The boys are getting ready for the new school year.  I am getting ready for them to be there.  Weaning them from screens is going to be difficult, but I shall try.

Off to buy Drew "cool clothes" to wear at school.  I am sad but not surprised that he is falling prey to the "cool clothes" pressure.  For a boy who spent most of the first two years at preschool in a princess dress, this is a major change.

No comments: